Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother' Day Wedding






This past Sunday was the wedding day of Sarah and William. Because William's grandmother is 96 years old, they decided to have their wedding ceremony in Newton at the retirement community where she lives. They chose a beautiful gazebo on the grounds for the wedding site.

The couple wanted everything personal and simple, with an emphasis on their love and appreciation of their families. The bride, Sarah, designed and made, or embellished many of the wedding items. She had unique programs, cake cutting knife and server, unity candle, and many other items that she had personalized. (I have no idea how she found time for anything extra, as she graduated from college in Kearney, Nebraska less than 48 hours before her wedding in Kansas!)

The groom's father is the owner and DJ of Totally Legal Sound and Lighting, so it was a special honor to photograph his son's wedding. I have worked with Jon and his business partner, David, at many wedding receptions--they do an exceptionally professional job, with much attention to every detail to make the reception go smoothly for the bride and groom.

I met with Sarah and William in March to go over their wedding plans and ideas. Following that meeting, Sarah posted the following "Vendor Review" on her wedding website:
Edye Wright - Wright Focus Photography - Initial Review
William and I had decided to hire a NMSU graduate to shoot our wedding, but William's family was nice enough to step in and hire a professional photographer for us. William's father, Jon, is a professional in the wedding business and is personal friends and colleagues with Edye.I can't say enough nice things about Edye. She always replies when I e-mail her, even if it is just a quick update. She was nice enough to meet us at a location convenient for us, even though it was a good bit away from her home town. The quality of her work is far more than I had ever hoped for our wedding and having her there on our special day will definitely be a big help. If there is one thing that drives me crazy, it is vendors that don't pay attention to me when I bring friends and family along for a meeting. Edye was such a professional and even though we brought along William's father, she directed all questions to William and me, and was sincerely interested in what WE wanted for our wedding. I could tell that she was actively listening to my concerns and she had a lot of great ideas to make the most of our awkward ceremony site. I can't wait to work with Edye - I can tell she understood my vision for our day and I know she'll do a great job capturing all our special memories.
Thank you, Sarah, for your kind words. I enjoyed working with you and William and your families. Congratulations and best wishes to you both!